No prerequisite content is needed for this assignment. Students are encouraged to work in groups as part of this assignment.
National Instruments LabView is an easy way to teach computer programming to students. It is used for data acquisition and control of experiments. As one of the goals of the Honors Program is to engage students in undergraduate research, consider this as part of the foundation for such research. The first two links and everything therein can count as an Honors Option for students taking any class EXCEPT CHE 1102 or The Basics of Making, as that much is required for those classes.
"In Class" Assignment: https://fit.instructure.com/courses/551142/assignments/4718021
HW Assignment: https://fit.instructure.com/courses/551142/assignments/4718491
For students in CHE 1102 or The Basics of Making - Also do a higher level assignment named Computer Programming & Control Quiz - Honors Option Only: https://fit.instructure.com/courses/551142/assignments/4718483
All students registering for any of my Honors Option Activities need to follow the following instructions:
- Student Initiates the process: “Submit an Honors Option Contract” at https://www.fit.edu/honors-college/honors-curriculum/ using a TRACKSlogin@fit.edu (omit "my" from the email address) as login name and TRACKS password.
- Student uploads the course syllabus and submits the request.
- Course Instructor is notified via email and Teams to review the request.
- If approved, Course Instructor enters the Honors Option contract requirements in “Comments” box on the form prior to approving the contract (via email or Teams).
- Honors College reviews the request.
- If approved by Honors College, the course Instructor is sent a request to complete the final report for Honors Option Contract at the end of the semester.
- If the student has successfully completed the Honors Option Contract requirements, the Registrar is notified to enter Honors Option annotation on the student's transcript.
In addition to the above instructions that apply to all Honors Option Contracts for anyone, see the following:
Picking a subject from that pre-approved list means that no one needs to review the specifics of any particular student's Honors project.
Excel attachment: Fill in the appropriate cell on the attached spreadsheet to indicate which course and which Honors Activity you choose.
Go to HonorsActivityBrenner.xlsx. On that form, I want you to fill the box yellow for the activity that you are doing and which class it applies to. Note that some activities do not count for certain classes because they are expected for non-honors students in those classes.