No prerequisite content is needed for this assignment. Students are encouraged to work in groups as part of this assignment.
Students will conduct a Web of Science literature search as described in the linked video, as well as a Google patent search. Then they will have to download the articles, and write a literature review that is comprehensive enough that it could be considered for publication in a journal.
Students who have want credit for this activity as part of any 4xxx course or above will have to do the literature search and the patent search on a topic mutually agreed upon with Prof. Brenner and likely will do this as part of a group, given the magnitude of such an undertaking.
Students in Dr. Brenner's Nanotechnology lecture course have to do such a literature search and review already. For undergrads not taking the Honors Option, students only have to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on such reviewed literature. Students either taking the graduate course number for Nanotechnology or taking an Honors Option also have to submit a written literature review that is comprehensive enough that it might get accepted for publication.
All students registering for any of my Honors Activities need to follow the following instructions:
- Student Initiates the process: “Submit an Honors Option Contract” at https://www.fit.edu/honors-college/honors-curriculum/ using a TRACKSlogin@fit.edu (omit "my" from the email address) as login name and TRACKS password.
- Student uploads the course syllabus and submits the request.
- Course Instructor is notified via email and Teams to review the request.
- If approved, Course Instructor enters the Honors Option contract requirements in “Comments” box on the form prior to approving the contract (via email or Teams).
- Honors College reviews the request.
- If approved by Honors College, the course Instructor is sent a request to complete the final report for Honors Option Contract at the end of the semester.
- If the student has successfully completed the Honors Option Contract requirements, the Registrar is notified to enter Honors Option annotation on the student's transcript.
In addition to Prof. Subasi's instructions that apply to all Honors Option Contracts for anyone, see the following:
Picking a subject from that pre-approved list means that no one needs to review the specifics of any particular student's Honors project.
Excel attachment: Fill in the appropriate cell on the attached spreadsheet to indicate which course and which Honors Activity you choose.
Go to HonorsActivityBrenner.xlsx. On that form, I want you to fill the box yellow for the activity that you are doing and which class it applies to. Note that some activities do not count for certain classes because they are expected for non-honors students in those classes.