These modules were developed by five faculty (Maria-Isabel Carnasciali, Nadiye Erdil, Jean Nocito Gobel, Ronald Harichandran, and Cheryl Li) at The University of New Haven as part of KEEN grants. In exchange for this, Florida Tech has exchanged many maker activities. I recommend this as the business development portion of senior design projects or for my Basics of Making course.
Reference for This Entire Page:
CardDeck: Integrated e-Learning Modules created by University of New Haven | Engineering Unleashed Module_Summaries.pdf , https://engineeringunleashed.com/card/2151. This link is NOT available for students via this link. I downloaded it for your use per the New Haven faculty's instructions.
Entire Set of New Haven Modules: https://fit.instructure.com/files/45577763/download?download_frd=1. Download this first.
Example of Completion of Assignment by alumna Catherine Fidd: entrepreneurial mindset activities.docx
Role of Product in Value Creation - YouTube
IG_Role of Product.pdf
Defining and Protecting IP - YouTube
Generating New Ideas - YouTube
IG_Generating New Ideas.pdf
Rubric_Generating New Ideas.xlsx
Teamwork - YouTube
Building Relationships - YouTube
Determining Market Risk - YouTube
IG_Determining Market Risk.pdf
Systems Thinking - YouTube
IG_Innovating to Solve Problems.pdf
Cost of Production - YouTube
IG_Cost of Production.pdf
Constraints - YouTube
Financing a Business - YouTube
IG_Financing a Business.pdf
Developing a Business Plan - YouTube
IG_Developing a Business Plan.pdf
Learning from Failure - YouTube
IG_Learning from Failure.pdf
Download for the Entire Set of New Haven Modules: https://fit.instructure.com/files/45577763/download?download_frd=1.
All students registering for any of my Honors Activities need to follow the following instructions:
- Student Initiates the process: “Submit an Honors Option Contract” at https://www.fit.edu/honors-college/honors-curriculum/ using a TRACKSlogin@fit.edu (omit "my" from the email address) as login name and TRACKS password.
- Student uploads the course syllabus and submits the request.
- Course Instructor is notified via email and Teams to review the request.
- If approved, Course Instructor enters the Honors Option contract requirements in “Comments” box on the form prior to approving the contract (via email or Teams).
- Honors College reviews the request.
- If approved by Honors College, the course Instructor is sent a request to complete the final report for Honors Option Contract at the end of the semester.
- If the student has successfully completed the Honors Option Contract requirements, the Registrar is notified to enter Honors Option annotation on the student's transcript.
In addition to Prof. Subasi's instructions that apply to all Honors Option Contracts for anyone, see the following:
Picking a subject from that pre-approved list means that no one needs to review the specifics of any particular student's Honors project.
Excel attachment: Fill in the appropriate cell on the attached spreadsheet to indicate which course and which Honors Activity you choose.
Go to HonorsActivityBrenner.xlsx. On that form, I want you to fill the box yellow for the activity that you are doing and which class it applies to. Note that some activities do not count for certain classes because they are expected for non-honors students in those classes.